Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Friday, May 15, 2009

Another nine, another 20 over

Went with a friend of mine, Craig, to Lancaster Golf Center and shot their nine-hole course.

It's a very short, par 3 course (longest hole is 202 yards) for a 27 overall. Did OK, but ended up 20 over ... yeesh. Once again, taking drops killed me on a few holes.

Although I didn't shoot nearly as well as I had hoped, I did make solid contact on every single shot I took (of course, there were some shanks into the woods) but it felt good hitting the ball so solidly and consistently.

What did I learn? I need to think more often about hitting down on the ball to get loft on short shots. It took a few holes, but once I remembered to hit down, I could get some good loft with my pitch and 9 iron.

By the way, did I mention how much I love golf?

No comments: