Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This is cool, but ...

I don't usually click on ads on webpages, but this one caught my attention.

M&Ms is now offering MLB team-themed M&Ms. I'll save you the time ... here's what the Red Sox ones look like:

Now, this is cool, but ... when you look at the order info, you have to order a minimum of three, 7 ounce bags at $12.99 a pop ... which comes to $38.97 before shipping. Seriously?!? Really?!?

I just went to the vending machine in the breakroom here at the office and I see that a 1.69-ounce bag of M&Ms is $0.80. So, rough math tells me that you'd have to buy about 4.5 bags from the vending machine to get seven ounces which is $3.60.

Look, I love the Sox and baseball as much as the next person, but not enough to spend that kind of coin on M&Ms. Wow ...

No comments: