Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Thursday, May 15, 2008

I love being a dad

So I'm giving Joey a bath right now (this just couldn't wait) and he's sitting in the tub (I'm on a laptop) playing with his dinosaur toys.

Parenthetically, Joey's in potty training and when he uses the potty, he gets a sticker. Collect enough stickers and he gets a prize (like a book or small toy).

So while he's in the tub, I had to ... use the potty. So I'm standing there giving the Fitchburg Water Dept. something to do (Joey can't see me from the tub) and here's the convo that just took place:
    Joey: Daaaaaaady, I can hear you!
    Me: Yeah, Daddy has to use the potty, Joe.
    Joey: Congratulations, Daddy! You get a sticker!
I'm hoping to get enough stickers to get an Xbox 360 game. Go me!

No comments: