Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Friday, February 8, 2008

This is what happens when you google yourself

(I just re-read the title of this post and was struck by the fact that, without realizing it before, "google" is all but a verb now and not really the name of a company anymore.)

So I had a minute a typed the following into Goggle: "Bryan Davis The Concord Journal". I used to be a reporter for The Concord Journal, a weekly newspaper covering the town of Concord, MA.

Even though I left the paper over 10 years ago, I still visit the paper's website once in a while to see what's up with the town that I once knew like the back of my hand. I don't miss the meager salary, but I do miss the job itself ... it was never a dull moment as anyone who has worked for the paper can attest to.

Anyway, I googled my name and the name of the paper and came up with this. I so remember writing this and it's still true ... Town Meeting season was my favorite time of the year when I worked at the paper.

I'm also in a footnote ... weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh the life at a newspaper. Why must some of us choose that life?

The salary still sucks and the hours still blow. And as much as the stress and politics get to me, I do still get a rush when I see my byline. No matter which path I eventually take, I'll always try and find a way to freelance.

And googling yourself... I always hate doing it! :)