Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Monday, July 6, 2009

Hanging with Joey

Kell wasn't feeling well yesterday (cold) so Joey and I spent the better part of the day together and I was reminded once again why I love this kid so much.

I took him to Cogshall Park and he had a lot of fun feeding the ducks (left). He's too funny because he likes to talk to the ducks and says, "Here you go boy (or girl)." Recently I taught him the difference between male and female mallards and now he looks for the male's green head and calls them the "boy ducks" and the other ducks the "girl ducks".

I called my parents to see if they wanted to meet us for ice cream and my mom said they were headed to a local state park with my sister and nephews. So after spending sometime on the swings and playing around the park, we headed over.

The small stream/river that runs through the park was fairly strong given all of the rain we had recently, so Joey had a blast throwing rocks in the water. We also had fun getting my sister and mom wet as they sat nearby.

Joey also discovered the advantage of being a boy, to which: the woods are your toilet. He came up to me and said, "Daddy, I gotta go pee!" So, I turned him around, pointed him towards some rocks away from us and away he went ... and went ... and went. He loved peeing in the outdoors.

We then went to Cherry Hill Ice Cream in Lunenburg where Joey got his favorite: chocolate ice cream (or, as he calls it, "cow ice cream") with hot fudge, whipped cream and a cheery on top. Giddy up.

Finally got home around 4:30 p.m. and he snuggled in for some time with mama. I went to the driving range and got home around 6:30-ish and Kell said he had been asleep for about 20 minutes at that point. A couple of hours later we tried to roust him so he could take a bath and get ready for bed but that wasn't happening ... he was out cold. I picked him up off of the couch, brought him up to his room and rolled him into his bed and he didn't even flinch. Almost 12 hours later and he was up. Too cute.

No comments: