Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Now wouldya ...

Joey has these little sponge toys that he likes to play with in the tub. They're shaped like animals and he asks me what they are and I tell him, "That's a killer whale, that's a sting ray, that's a crab ... " and then he held one up and I said, "Oh, that's a barracuda."

Well, he liked the sound of that name and kept saying it. Then the MP3 player in my head went off and I started singing Heart's "Barracuda". Needless to say, young Mr. Davis loved that and now that's the first thing he says when he gets in the tub, to which:

"Hey, Daddy!"

"Yes, Joe?"

"Now wouldya ... BARRACUDA!!!"



No comments: