Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Top 10 things ...

I love about my wife, Kelley (in no particular order):
  1. The way she laughs like Betty Rubble when I kiss her neck.
  2. Her eyes.
  3. The look on her face when she's holding our 3 1/2-year-old son.
  4. The way she'll just listen when I spout off over something that's not worth getting upset over.
  5. The way she smells after being in her clothes all day ... it's like this warm, soft kind of scent.
  6. Her sense of humor and the way she cracks herself up.
  7. The fact that she's a voracious reader. It amazes me how fast she can read and retain it all.
  8. How passionate she is in her beliefs. She's all about equal rights for everyone and she doesn't see color or sexual or religious orientation when she meets someone. She takes people for who they are and isn't a judgmental person.
  9. Her love of a good drink ... gin and tonics in the summer ... martinis, well, year 'round, actually.
  10. The way she calls me "Crash" with that smile on her face.
  11. (OK, so it's 11 things ...) How what you see is what you get. She doesn't try to be someone she's not and if you don't like it, it's your loss.
  12. (OK, OK, it's 12, then!) She loves me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for loving me the way no one else ever could. I love you so much and am so very happy to be your wife.

And, yes, the tears are streaming down my face as I write this! :)