Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Friday, March 7, 2008

What is ...

Yup, it's another post idea I've ripped off from a friend (KCG!) ...

If you've ever seen "Inside the Actor's Studio" then you've seen when, at the end of every episode, host James Lipton asks the guest a series of questions. And if you've never seen the show, you now have context for this post.

Here's how I would answer Lipton's questions:

What is your favorite word?
I work with words for a living, so this is tough ... but, it would have to be "love" (guess I'm a pacifist at heart).

What is your least favorite word?
It's a tie between "can't" and "afraid".

What turns you on?
Figuring something out ... whether it's a difficult concept that I suddenly "get" or how to do something that I've been struggling with. I get such a rush from that. I can't tell you how many times I've stuggled with trying to figure out how to do/fix something around the house and when I stop thinking about it, the solution pops into my brain ... best ... high ... ever.

What turns you off?
Weak handshakes. There's nothing worse than shaking someone's hand (especially a man) and it's like gripping a dead fish.

What sound or noise do you love?
Joey's belly laugh and the way he says, "Dah-dee".

What sound or noise do you hate?
Joey crying because he's hurt or genuinely sad (not that fake crying he does to get attention or sympathy ... although, that's less gooder, too).

What is your favorite curse word?
"Bugger" ... but if you're from across the pond or Southie, it's pronounced, "bugg-ah".

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
Music producer. How cool would that be to be part of the creative process?

What profession other than yours would absolutely not like to attempt?
There's a lot, but President of the United States tops the list ... man, why would anyone want that constant pressure?

If heaven exists, what would you like to hear god say when you arrive at the gates?
"Nice try ... c'mon in."

No comments: