Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Friday, February 29, 2008

Music makes me cha cha cha

So one of the channels Joey watches is called "Noggin" which is supported by Nick Jr. He's learned a lot watching the different shows on the channel, so Kell and I let him watch it when he wants to watch TV.

The channel is "hosted" by a cartoon character name Moose and his blue bird side kick Zee. They tell stories and sing lots of songs in between shows.

One of Joey's favorite songs these guys do is "Music Makes Me". (I wish I could direct link to it, but if you go to the Noggin video page and look under the video window, you'll see picture hotlinks to videos. Click on the first video, the picture is of Moose in a top hat and tux. The video usually starts playing when you first get to the page.)

Anyway, I have to say that the song really is well done ... it's got a great beat and the lyrics are cute. And, of course, Moose and Zee dancing in different outfits is funny to watch.

And Joey absolutely loves this song. He was watching this morning and I was in the kitchen when I heard the song come on. So I went into the living room to watch the video and he was sitting on the couch and bouncing up and down to the music. After a few seconds, he hopped off and started dancing, signing (most of) the lyrics and pointing his fingers in the air ... a huge smile on his face. Naturally, Daddy had to jump in and dance, too. Awesome.

1 comment:

kgibbons said...

Anything that makes Bryan dance is a good thing. It USED to be tequila, but now it's children's TV and Joey! Elena loves dancing, too, and will drag me into the music room to dance with her.