Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Idolizing

It's baaaaaaack!

I l-o-v-e, LOVE American Idol.

That is, I love the first few weeks of Idol when they show the auditions. Honestly, I couldn't care less about when the competition really gets going in Hollywood and the show gets more serious.

For me, the best part of the show is the first few weeks when they show the thousands of people who audition. There's nothing better than seeing these people make complete jackasses of themselves on national television and thank god for them because I'm amused to no end (much to Kell's chagrin).

Seriously, I could watch the auditions version of Idol seven days a week ... the more of an idiot these people are, the better the show is.

I think what I love the most is how pissed off and indignant people get when they don't hear, "Welcome to Hollywood!" I love the fact that they focus on the fact that Idol missed out on something by not giving them a golden ticket. Um, no, it's that you have absolutely no talent.

And, of course, the reaction of Randy, Paula and Simon to the worst people is priceless. When they have to hide their face because they're laughing so hard ... well, that's just great TV.

I will admit that Ryan Seacrest doesn't annoy me as much as he used to. The way he plays along with people who didn't make it can be hilarious and only adds to the feeling that the contestant hopeful is the only one not in on the fact that they didn't stand a chance. Nice!

I've already set up my DVR to record the episodes so I don't miss anything ... giddy up!

2 comments:

kgibbons said...

gotta disagree with you there, buddy. In my opinion, Simon Cowell is one of the most repulsive human beings on the planet, right up there with our HS algegra teacher.

Anonymous said...

It is funny how you've become so crazed with this show. I like Simon's bluntness, although there are times when I think he goes too far and it is hard to watch. However, I must say, for those people that seem to generate the most of his wrath - I feel more resentment to the producers and casting people that set these people up to be humiliated by Simon...all in the name of ratings. But then again, if they didn't set these people up, my poor husband would be without his winter entertainment between football and baseball. :)