Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Thursday, January 31, 2008

Britney ... Britney ... Britney

Just saw this story about Britney Spears being committed to a psych ward.

Being a dad really changed my perspective on this story.

When all of this started, I really couldn't have cared less. I thought, "Pffft, Britney Spears. She's rich, poor thing ... she has problems. Don't we all."

But, as this has played out over the past few months to a year, I've come to realize that this woman really is sick and needs help. The article says she may be bipolar ... she could be still suffering from postpartum depression, too. Every time I read something about Spears, I just keep thinking about her kids. I mean, c'mon, for better or worse she is a mom and I think it speaks to the level of her mental illness when she just can't seem to get it together enough when she's threatened with losing custody of her children (the article says she hasn't seen her kids in almost a month).

Here's hoping she gets the help she needs so she can get her life back on track. That and once she does, may be we won't have to hear about this crap anymore. Seriously ... we're in a recession or about to enter one (depending on who you believe), there's a war going on, healthcare is still a major crisis in this country and Spears and her shenanigans still make headlines?!? Oy vey ...

That all being said, I won't lose any sleep over this. If no one ever hears about Spears again it'll be too soon.

1 comment:

kgibbons said...

"leave brittany alone! ! ! " (You did see the youtube guy yelling that, right?)
Our society and media have absolutely eaten that kid alive, no thanks to the paparazzi or her parents. I'd be bipolar too if I had her life.