Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day

It's gobble gobble in the US and that means lots of eating, drinking and being with family for most of us.

It also is a time to reflect on what we're thankful for, something I've been thinking about for a while.

What am I most thankful for this year? My wife, Kelley, and my son, Joey, to be sure.

But I'm also very thankful to and for the women and men who serve this country now and in the past. Was watching Good Morning America this morning and they showed stories of soldiers coming home and surprising their kids and their schools ... just amazing. It emphasizes once again the incredible sacrifices these people make to serve in any branch of the military.

Regardless of your feelings about the War in Iraq, you simply have to support our troops ... they're doing a job, one that takes a special person to answer the calling for (I know I couldn't do it).

As Edward R. Murrow used to say, "Good night and good luck."

No comments: