Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Friday, November 30, 2007

Nintendo Wii

So my sister-in-law is trying to get a Nintendo Wii for her 8-year-old son for Christmas ... it's the only gift she really wants to get him.

I'm truly astounded at how short in supply these things are ... just amazing. I was actually in line at a Toys R Us on Black Friday at 4:30 a.m. and didn't even get into the store before people were walking out saying the store didn't even have them, let alone being sold out.

The Wii has been on the market for over a year and stores still don't have them?!? And I read recently that Nintendo says it won't be able to meet the Christmas season demand. Seriously?!?

UPDATE: After a couple of weeks of looking online and monitoring the brick retailers, I scored a Wii today (Nov. 30) at amazon.com for the MSRP of $250 with the help of wiialerts.com ... very psyched and needless to say, my sister-in-law is excited as well. Now I can move on with my life ... mission accomplished. LOL

No comments: