Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Friday, November 16, 2007

Barry Bonds' indictment

Good lord, what a mess.

I rolled my eyes a bit when I heard the talking heads saying this was a bad day for MLB, but the more I think about it, the more they're right. It is sad that a guy like Bonds who now (for better or worse) owns the baseball home run record is perceived so poorly in the public's eye. So many kids looking up to people like him ... yeesh. No wonder baseball is less and less the nation's past time.

Still, it will be interesting to see how long before someone plays the race card ... I can't imagine folks like the Rev. Al Shaprton and (maybe) Jesse Jackson not coming out and saying something about how if Bonds was white, there wouldn't be such a hub bub about this.

Of course, those who think that way, IMO, are soooooo missing the point. Bonds LIED TO A GRAND JURY and folks, when you do that, you can bet the Feds are going to come after your ass. I really hope Bonds isn't surprised by this indictment. The "cream and the clear"?!?

Please ...

No comments: