Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are
wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar.
- Edward R. Murrow


Thursday, December 6, 2007

Iron Man movie

GEEK ALERT! GEEK ALERT!

OK, I'll be the first to admit that I was a comic book collector when I was in high school and college (that is, until I had to decide between paying for tuition or the dozen or so comics I read every month ... damn you higher education!) ...

I had heard that Marvel was coming out with an Iron Man movie and I just saw the trailer ...

Oh ...

My ...

God!


Iron Man was always one of my favorite comics and I was really psyched to hear they were making a movie. Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark (the lead role in Iron Man) is genius casting ... could not imagine anyone else playing that part.

As for other "comic book movies" ... loved the X-men (my all-time fav comic) and the Spiderman movies ... Fantastic Four? Meh, it was OK ... Daredevil? Yeesh. Hulk? Yeesh.

The first two Batman movies with Michael Keaton were good, the rest suh-huh-huh-ucked. But, the franchise made a huge comeback with Batman Returns with Christian Bale as the Dark Knight. Speaking of which, Batman 2 with Bale again is coming out next summer too ... giddy up!

Anyway, Iron Man comes out May 2, 2008 ... the countdown is on!

No comments: